Over at A Place for the God Hungry, Jim Martin completes his list of ten ways to improve your preaching. The last five tips include:
1. Talk to people as if they are intelligent (they are) but resist the urge to prepare a sermon for a seminary professor.
2. Note the importance of ethos.
3. Present the opposing view as if very intelligent, good people believe this.
4. If you want people to take you seriously, then do nothing that might give them reason not to.
5. Take your preaching seriously and yourself less seriously.
Read his excellent explanations about each tip here.